Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Narrative Style

The television programs I like to watch, other than politics and sports, have a simple and straight-forward narrative style: Hemingway, not Faulkner. Forensic Files, Cold Case Files, American Justice. They move along at the right pace, not so fast that you can't follow them, but so slowly that you want to wring the producers' necks.

The Law and Orders of the world are overly dramatized. 1st 48, which I like sometimes, tends to move too slowly. 48-hrs mysteries, too, are so padded an hour program could have been polished off in 15 minutes.

Criminal Minds tends to be overly dramatized, too, and often far too grisly than they need to be, but the way they tell the story is sometimes absolutely fascinating.

I want to help move people's careers along. Is what I am saying helpful?

To find out about my new literary brokerage, contact me at 215 219 5825 or twb2@verizon.net.

Read my mystery, The Case of the Kearney Music School Murders (2007), for free at wwww.kearneymusicschoolmurders.blogspot.com or buy it from Amazon.com more cheaply than you can print it out.


For my ideas on entrepreneurship, go to www.hatman2.blogspot.com and for my ideas on the practice of real estate, go to www.yourstopforrealestate.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment