Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I Write My First Draft In One Blast

I always write the first draft in a blast. I have the story in my head. I've thought about the characters, story, intro, ending, and it's going to be the greatest thing ever written. Like opening day of the Phillies' season.

So I sit down and begin to write. I hate it. It's terrible. I can't stand it. I want to go back and change it.

I don't.

Even if I think it's the absolutely worst thing ever written, I keep on writing. Only when I'm done do I go back and work on it.

My goal here is to help writers achieve their dreams. How am I doing?

Entrepreneurship fuels my writing. For my ideas on entrepreneurship, go to www.hatman2.blogspot.com.

To get a piece of short fiction published, go to www.byandforwriters.blogspot.com. It's for short stories, poetry, creative non-fiction, novel excerpts, short scripts, short plays, or other creative writing. Publication is guaranteed upon payment of a modest fee.

Read my mystery, The Case of the Kearney Music School Murders (2007), for free at wwww.kearneymusicschoolmurders.blogspot.com or buy it from Amazon.com more cheaply than you can print it out.

For my ideas on buying or selling a house, go to www.yourstopforrealestate.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment