Friday, December 18, 2009

Work One Project at a Time

Remember this: WOPAAT. Work on one project at a time.

If you're like me, story ideas come to me all the time. Not always good story ideas, but ideas. I get maybe 3 in one day. I can think them up at will, just think to myself, "What if...".

Resist the urge to start them all. Keep a list of titles, i.e. "A bass player kills somebody and stores his body in his hard case," in your drawer.

When you get your current project done and out there, then go back to other projects.

My goal here is to help writers achieve their dreams. How am I doing?

Entrepreneurship fuels my writing. For my ideas on entrepreneurship, go to www.hatman2.blogspot.com.

To get a piece of short fiction published, go to www.byandforwriters.blogspot.com. It's for short stories, poetry, creative non-fiction, novel excerpts, short scripts, short plays, or other creative writing. Publication is guaranteed upon payment of a modest fee.

Read my mystery, The Case of the Kearney Music School Murders (2007), for free at wwww.kearneymusicschoolmurders.blogspot.com or buy it from Amazon.com more cheaply than you can print it out.

For my ideas on buying or selling a house, go to www.yourstopforrealestate.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment