Friday, December 11, 2009

Gauge Your Passion

When I was choosing a dissertation topic back in the early 1970s, my graduate school advisor at the University of Wisconsin-Madison told me, whatever I decided to write on, to make sure I had sufficient passion to carry me through the project.

The dissertation would entail a difficult journey of 5-7 years of exciting, but challenging and difficult work. I had to know I had the goods to carry me through.

He was right.

Now I read something by Sunil Robert in Chuck Sambuchino's blog that advises writers to stay passionate: "Depending on your project time lines, you need the passion and patience of a marathon runner to keep you going."

Good advice.

My goal here is to help writers achieve their dreams. How am I doing?

Entrepreneurship fuels my writing. For my ideas on entrepreneurship, go to www.hatman2.blogspot.com.

To get a piece of short fiction published, go to www.byandforwriters.blogspot.com. It's for short stories, poetry, creative non-fiction, novel excerpts, short scripts, short plays, or other creative writing. Publication is guaranteed upon payment of a modest fee.

Read my mystery, The Case of the Kearney Music School Murders (2007), for free at wwww.kearneymusicschoolmurders.blogspot.com or buy it from Amazon.com more cheaply than you can print it out.

For my ideas on buying or selling a house, go to www.yourstopforrealestate.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment