Friday, November 20, 2009

Write Every Day in the Same Place

To be a writer, write every day in the same place.

Find that special place where you like to write. Maybe it's your bedroom. Maybe it's your porch, or your attic.

Maya Angelou reportedly rents a hotel room and goes there every day at 4PM and writes on legal sized yellow-lined pads.

Marcel Proust supposedly went to his seaside home, pasted paper up over all the windows, then wrote in bed in his pajamas never leaving the room.

I write in my study in the early mornings.

It doesn't matter how unusual or weird it is. It could be at a rest area along a busy interstate or in an airplane circling over Siberia.

Just find that place, then go there to write. You will find after only a little time, you'll associate writing with the place and you'll be more productive.

My goal here is to help writers achieve their dreams. How am I doing?

Entrepreneurship fuels my writing. For my ideas on entrepreneurship, go to www.hatman2.blogspot.com.

To get a piece of short fiction published, go to www.byandforwriters.blogspot.com. It's for short stories, poetry, creative non-fiction, novel excerpts, short scripts, short plays, or other creative writing. Publication is guaranteed upon payment of a modest fee.

Read my mystery, The Case of the Kearney Music School Murders (2007), for free at wwww.kearneymusicschoolmurders.blogspot.com or buy it from Amazon.com more cheaply than you can print it out.

For my ideas on buying or selling a house, go to www.yourstopforrealestate.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment