Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Write Every Day in the Same Place at the Same Time

To be a writer, write every day in the same place at the same time. Find out what, when, and where is most productive for you and do it.

I write at my desk in the morning every day. For me, mornings are most productive for creative thought. Phones aren't ringing, people aren't moving about, there are no demands on my time. I can just write.

Others may be most productive in the afternoon, or in the evenings, or late at night.

I can revise other times and other places. In fact I find it best not to revise in my study because I'm open to distractions. Distractions loosen your mind for other things.

My goal here is to help writers achieve their dreams. How am I doing?

Entrepreneurship fuels my writing. For my ideas on entrepreneurship, go to www.hatman2.blogspot.com.

To get a piece of short fiction published, go to www.byandforwriters.blogspot.com. It's for short stories, poetry, creative non-fiction, novel excerpts, short scripts, short plays, or other creative writing. Publication is guaranteed upon payment of a modest fee.

Read my mystery, The Case of the Kearney Music School Murders (2007), for free at wwww.kearneymusicschoolmurders.blogspot.com or buy it from Amazon.com more cheaply than you can print it out.

For my ideas on buying or selling a house, go to www.yourstopforrealestate.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment